Here are a few of the influential people seeking to displace the idea of maximising shareholder value…
- Hoon-Ja Chang, economist, outlines a more sustainable vision of capitalism
- Management guru Steve Denning on “the dumbest idea in the world” (Forbes.com)
- Peter Key, economist, in his book Obliquity
Corporate social responsibility is taking root in legislation and mainstream business writing…
- Some states in the US have legislated for a new type of “social corporation“
- The 80 Minute MBA dedicates it’s first chapter to social responsibility
- Business guru Gary Hammel dedicates the first chapter of What Matters Now to corporate values and social responsibility. Consultancies such as McKinsey are collaborating with him to discover new ways of doing business.
Cause for optimism?