BGT embodies Agile. Think of acts as products.
- SMALL STEPS. Iterative. Every week takes the show one step closer to finding the Next Big Thing.
- EMPIRICAL FEEDBACK (aka experiments). An act’s potential is measured using audience votes.
- SELF-ORGANIZING TEAMS. Bottom-up. Some of the acts could never be conceived in a board room. (Susan Boyle, anyone?).
- FAIL FAST, FAIL OFTEN. Doomed acts are eliminated at a furious rate in the early stages of the show.
- SIMPLICITY. Acts are forced to distill their talent into a few minutes. The minimum viable product.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT. Every week acts gets feedback to improve their performance.
- COLLABORATION AND CONVERSATION. There is lots of open discussion (on the show and in the media/pub) about which act is best. And it includes dissent.
In my next post, TOWIE share tips on iPhone development using Objective C. I’m joking.